tien

tien

Juliet - A Love Story For The Ages

Juliet - A Love Story For The Ages - Anne Fortier I wanted to give this book a 5 star and a heart but I just couldn't. Whilst I loved reading every minute of it, I guess I was slightly disappointed at the end. I supposed I expected some mystical factor to the story and whilst there are slight subtle hints to some, there weren't really and herein lies my dissappointment.Julie Jacobs's aunt just passed away and seemingly left her fortune to Julie's twin sister, Janice. Julie was left with a cryptic message which sent her halfway round the world chasing after her family history. Her family history was, however, totally tied up with those of Giulletta and Romeo (the real ones in Siena, not Shakesperean ones). With this tragic young lovers, the families involved were bound in a curse... One that needed breaking to ensure the happiness of the next generations and this was what Julie's mother was attempting to do when she was killed. Can Julie follow her mother's footstep and undo the curse?I loved how, for the majority of the book, the alternate chapters were in 2 different settings: now and 14th century (when the real Giulletta & Romeo lived). I truly appreciate that, whilst telling a love story, it is not overly mushy. The twists, of course, were much more appreciated noting the length of the book. Overall, a book I would have enjoyed more if I didn't have the expectation I had. I don't know how I got it in the first place but somehow I did.