tien

tien

Butterfly

Butterfly - Sonya Hartnett Wow... I was amazingly surprised by this book and that pleases me most of all! To be surprised!My first perception of the book is that it is about a 14 yo girl struggles. Indeed, it is that and more. Right off the bat, I could feel the poignant pains that I, myself, felt when I was of that age. It wasn't really that bad now that I looked back but maybe it was that bad when I was going through it. This is what Plum "Aria" Cowly is going through - "growing pains".Plum struggles to fit into her 'chosen' group of friends and her body image. She sought strength and courage from her horde of treausres then found help from an unexpected corner however things are not what they seem...This is the first book of Sonya Hartnett I have picked up and my appreciation for her has just completely shot out the roof. I do have difficulty in deciding whether to classify this book as a coming of age / young adult type of book as most of the content is, there are approximately 20% of it which I would not like my child/ren (maybe one day) to read at 14. If I do, it would be under strict parental guidance. So, parents beware: read it first and prepare to "guide"!