tien

tien

The Running Man

The Running Man - Stephen King, Richard Bachman Wow, just wow. It's totally beyond my expectation. I don't love it but I'm really impressed.It is set in a dystopian world (in the US) where there is an obvious line of separation between the rich and the poor. The poor being absolutely trodden, used & abused by the rich & ignorant-middle-class. Benjamin Richards is desperate; his 18 month old daugther has pneumonia and they don't have the funds for a doctor. And so he took the plunge. He did the only thing he could do: he went to the Games Corporation to win some money even if it means he might be seriously hurt or worse, die! He qualified for one of top show, 'The Running Man', where he would run and the Hunters will track him for a kill. okay, for those of you, Hunger Games fans, does this sound oh so very familiar? It is, indeed, except this is for adult. This book, I note was firstly published in 1982I'm not a big Stephen King fan, well, I don't think I can call myself fan really since I only read about a handful of his books. I was totally engaged and truly had no idea what the end will bring. Oh, what a climax!